Senior Resources is the designated Area Agency on Aging in Eastern Connecticut and as such is responsible for distributing Title IIIB funds from the Older Americans Act to community-based agencies to provide services to individuals age 60 and older. Funds are allocated to encourage comprehensive and coordinated systems to serve older individuals to:
- Secure and maintain maximum independence and dignity in a home environment;
- Remove individual and social barriers to economic and personal independence;
- Provide a continuum of care for vulnerable older individuals, and
- Secure the opportunity for older individuals to receive managed in-home and community-based long-term care services.
Title IIID funds of the Older Americans Act for Evidence Based Health Promotion Programs are also available.
Documents relating to the process are posted below.
Title III Process Questions
- 2018 Poverty Guidelines
- Reference Material MIS Service Types III B
- Senior Resources Planning and Service Area Map
- 2012 Census Info NASUAD-Muskie Connecticut Demographic Profile Final (Click Here)
- Senior Resources Title III Program Policies and Procedures Manual
- Community Services Policy Manual
- Summary of Area Plan Goals