It's Your Life...Live it Well
Are you an adult with an ongoing health condition? You'll get the support you need, find practical ways to deal with pain and fatigue, discover better nutrition and exercise choices, understand new treatment choices, and learn better ways to talk with your doctor and family about your health. If you have conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, heart disease, chronic pain, anxiety, the Live Well Workshop can help you take charge of your life!
Who should attend this program?
People with chronic health conditions, their family members, friends and caregivers!
What is a Live Well Workshop?
The Live Well Workshop is a behavioral and social program designed to help people gain self-confidence in their ability to control their symptoms and how their health problems affect their lives. The workshops are highly interactive focusing on building skills & sharing experiences and support. People with different chronic health problems attend the program together.
Workshops were designed and tested at Stanford University and are led by two trained facilitators. The Live Well Workshop will not conflict with your existing programs or treatment. It is designed to enhance regular treatment and disease-specific education such as Better Breathers, cardiac rehabilitation, or diabetes instruction. Many people have more than one chronic condition. The program is especially helpful for these people, as it gives them skills to coordinate all the things needed to manage their health, as well as to help them keep active in their lives.
Visit www.cthealthyliving.org or call 860-887-3561 for information about upcoming Workshops in your area.
Are You Interested in Becoming a Live Well Leader?
- Live Well Leaders are people who are motivated to empower others to learn tools to help manage their chronic health conditions, set personal goals and solve problems. Live Well does not replace health care programs, it encourages people to become self-managers of their condition.
- Live Well Leaders must feel comfortable speaking in front of small groups while teaching from a detailed manual. Live Well Leaders always co-facilitate with another leader.
- Live Well Leaders are peers and professionals with or without a chronic health condition.
- Live Well Leaders complete a FREE 4-Day Training Program.
Once you are trained, you must then conduct a 6 week workshop within three to six months (no longer than 1 year) after completing the training.
Conducting the training includes:
- assisting in recruiting class members,
- using materials provided to your regional coordinator,
- following data collection procedures as outlined in the training
- Ability to work with a small group of people and build rapport with them.
- Ability to read aloud and follow a Leader's Manual.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Ability to be non-judgmental and respectful of different opinions.
- Optimistic about a person’s ability to make changes.
Call 860-887-3561 about upcoming Well Leaders Trainings!